Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Surprise!

Well, hello there!

So...I guess you might have guessed that the reason I didn't write yesterday was because I was a little bit busy...being transferred!

To be honest, it took me by surprise. I was very much planning on dying here in Sal. But I can't really complain because...

I'm serving in Fogo!! Fonte Aleixo with...SISTER LAIMANA! Can you believe it? Hopefully she's not lying when she says she likes me, because this makes the third time we've served together. But, this will be the first time as real missionaries (the MTC and the Office are awesome, but not quite as awesome as full-time field service).

All right, so those are the biggies. Fogo; Sister Laimana. Now, onto the details:

It more or less broke my heart leaving Sal. I hadn't really realized just how attached I was to everyone. But it was a mercifully short good-bye. I didn't have any idea I was leaving until Sunday night and then they didn't tell me my flight plans until two hours before I had to be in the airport. But I did get to say bye to almost everyone. Only a few tears.

Okay. I'm just going to take a break here--the internet lady is kicking us out--but I wanted to send this so you know I didn't run off to spend the weekend at Santa Maria. :)

I love you all and I'll try to find another internet place, but if not, I'll talk to you next week!

Geronimo,
Sister Brooks



No comments:

Post a Comment