Friday, October 15, 2010

The Address


The count-down continues! I enter the MTC in less than six days and I'm still so excited! I think I finally have everything I need, so the next task is to try and fit it all into my suitcase!

I would love to hear from any and all of you while I'm serving my mission. I will be in the MTC until December 22 (approx.) and then I'll leave for Cabo Verde! Two months is plenty time for me to get some quality letters from all of you, so, if you would like to write me in the MTC, here is my address:

Sister Emma Brooks
MTC Mailbox #83
CAP-VDP 1220
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

I am only allowed to communicate via email with family members, so please dig up some antiquated stamps and envelopes and write me a good, old-fashioned letter! It will make my day.

The mail service in Cabo Verde is fairly slow, but feel free to send me letters in the mission field as well. The pouch address for my mission is:

Sister Emma Brooks
Cape Verde Praia Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

Here are the instructions for Pouch Mail:
"To prevent possible fines, only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (NO envelopes) may be sent through the pouch."

For packages and such, the mission office address is as follows:

Sister Emma Brooks
Cape Verde Praia Mission
Caixa Postal 420
Praia
Ihla de Santiago, Sao Tiago
CAPE VERDE
Phone: 238 262-9403

My family will be updating this blog when I send emails each week and will post my more immediate and current addresses in the field.

Thanks in advance for all your love and support!

Since this will probably be the last blog post directly from yours truly, let me just say a few things. I know that missionary work is one of the most important duties we, as members of this Church, have. Please, please, please do whatever is in your power to assist this great work. Just be an example by doing what you know what is right! It's so easy to know something, but then not do it! Don't give in! No matter the pressures or the temptations, continue to be faithful! That is exactly what I am going to be striving to do and, hopefully, I will be blessed on my mission because of it!

Be an active participant in this life. Don't get bogged down with virtual experiences like facebook, twitter--this blog :). Go out and do something worthwhile!

And don't let anything, anything get in the way of your eternal salvation. Don't be offended, don't be proud, don't be lazy or complacent! Just choose to move forward in faith. Heavenly Father has prepared a way and He does know best--Really, He does!--so just do what He's asked of us. We can do it!

Okay, hopefully this doesn't sound like a soap box spiel (but if it does, I'm just practicing for my mission), but it applies to me as much (or more) as anyone. I love you all and I'll see you in eighteen months!

-Sister Emma Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment