Tuesday, March 29, 2011

David Lucas Brooks

I'm too excited about Lucas David to think about anything else! I'm so, so, so excited and so happy that Amy and Lucas are doing well! Send more pictures soon! :)

My week was quite good, but a little on the difficult side. We had a lot of appointments fall through, but it's all right. We taught the fewest lessons we have in a long time but had the most investigators at church we've ever had! It was so, so good.

We washed clothes on Marcia's roof and then they made us eat cookies and strawberry Fanta (we turned down the coffee--palavra de sabedoria, here we come). Service never really counts as service here because people are always trying to do something nice back. Then we went to say happy birthday to Va and Vitorina's little boy and they made us eat cake and orange Fanta. And Va works at the beer factory so we drank the Fanta out of plastic cerveja cups. :)

Everyone needs palavra de sabedoria.

With so many appointments falling through, I learned that it's a lot less tiring sitting and teaching than hiking around Inferno looking for people to teach! We've been exhausted this week. Then Sister T got a little bit sick (she had the GRIPE!) but still gave a great talk in church!

I'm not sure why she got sick and I didn't. I eat way more dangerous stuff than her. (I'm not going to tell you about my latest food purchase. I don't think you'd approve. But it was delicious and only cost 100 escudos.)

We also had an investigator ask us if we eat blood!

I said only on special occasions.

Just kidding! I didn't say that. We explained clearly and by the Spirit our stance on cannibalism.

We've had the lights going out a lot lately, but it's not really a big deal. Just annoying. It means my hair is uglier than usual and that instead of just taking freezing cold, weak-water showers, I get to take freezing cold, weak-water showers in the dark!

We had a good chat with a man the other day who told us he was sad every time we walked past without saying hi to him. Then he tried to kiss me. He was drunk. And he's our next door neighbor!

And no, I didn't let him kiss me.

Marcia is still wonderful. Turns out she's exactly nine months pregnant. And she still walked to church, in the hot sun, all by herself! We couldn't believe it! Then she started having some pains (we were sure she was going into labor) so we got her a taxi so she could go home. She's so sweet. But I think we're going to talk to her about resting a little bit. (That's why we were so quick to wash clothes--I think it's very difficult to operate a washboard with a nine-month pregnant belly in the way.)

I think that's about it. It's been a pretty crazy week, with a lot of disappointments, but we're ready for a new week and excited to get to work.

Have I told you about Gila? He's our awesome investigator who doesn't understand a word we say, but loves coming to church and gets super excited every time we come over. (His wife still isn't ready to say 'I do'.) But turns out he's a big time fisherman! Which is a little annoying because he has to travel around to different islands and do trainings. But it's pretty awesome.

Okay, I'm about out of time. I love you all! Thanks for all your support and I hope everyone is safe and well!

Love,
Sister Brooks



No comments:

Post a Comment