Thursday, July 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Moo'd

Hello Family!

I should tell you all that we did get to eat my friend the rooster and he was delicious. Sister Laimana happened to get the wish bone and, here, whoever gets the bigger half when snapped is the better friend--she got the bigger half. But I always knew she was the nice one.

Saturday we were able to see the Adams' grandson baptized which was really nice. I don't think an eight year old has ever had so many missionaries present at his baptism. The service was mostly in English which was a little bizarre and Sister Laimana and I had to translate for Sheila and Ivanilda: two of our sweet young women.

Our FHE once again did its job. Ten of our investigators showed up at church. I think that has to be some sort of a record. We've learned the trick though: references and completing families. You bet Augusto's going to do everything he can to get his three daughters to church and Sofia and Anildo and their family are much more likely to come when they know they have friends waiting there. Fofa and Carla have been in the contact with the church forever, with sisters and aunts and cousins as members. I love this area so much!

We've had some great lessons this week, focusing on helping our investigators set dates for baptism. This basically means marking dates for marriages so our investigators can get married and then baptized. So that's fun...I figure by the time I finish my mission I can be a wedding planner/match maker. Not one of the things I realized I'd be doing on my mission.

We've been lucky enough to work with President Oliveira this week, running around (like a chicken with its head cut off (not going to miss the opportunity to use that one)) getting things done before transfers this week. After one of our 'business meetings' President told us that we're really too sweet to be in the office (Hmm...me, sweet?) and we had a little chat about the importance of our work and extra talents we, as sisters, have. He also told us that there will be a stake on this island. A man called by a prophet of God told us this. I believe him. Then he said to make this happen, he needs two baptisms from us before we split up.

He told us this on Wednesday. Transfers are on Monday. I don't know exactly where I'm going but we know we're not going to be companions next transfer. They're not going to be baptized on Monday or Sunday. Three days. Two baptisms. Let's just say the prayer and fasting part of missionary work has never seemed so essential.

Oh yeah. And we 'borrowed' the Elder's blender and have been living off smoothies (when there's electricity which is about 20% of the time) and we tried to recreate Jamba Juice's Peanut Butter Moo'd. It almost worked. Too bad we're using extra thick and chunky peanut butter and 'home made' yogurt. :) It was still good.

Okay. I love you all. I'll let you know about transfers next week (probably on Monday--so that will be about the only news you get). I know I'm leaving the office and I'm pretty sure I'm staying on the island, so it won't be much of a change. But it'll be awesome! Love you.

Love,

Sister Brooks

P.S. I'm so glad I'm not there to address envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment